Monday, May 4, 2009

Reading, Writing and 'Rithmetic

Ever since I can remember I've been writing stories. My personal journal assignment for grade 2 is filled with nothing but stories of old Zelda games and whatnot.

Why do I write and read so much? I guess I don't too well in the 'rithmetic part... but, I write for no particular reason other than enjoyment. I'm not looking for popularity or fame or money. I just write to have something to do and to accomplish something in my spare time. I find myself writing FanFic's and not publishing them to websites. I find myself writing novels and never completing them. I have given up on just about every RPG I've tried to create on the PC.

Well, that stops now. Most of my quitting was from lack of inspiration, but I've made this blog and am in the process of joining an RPG development team. I've started writing short stories in parts, signed covenants with myself - anything I can do to keep pushing! It's beginning to work. And it's really helping with morale and inspiration. I find myself writing more and not deleting the work.

So I'd like to say welcome to any readers. I will very often post short stories on here for the purpose of accomplishment, and when I complete RPG's I'll post links, screens and vids too. I hope that this will continue for as long as I decide to fill my time with literature.

Thanks for being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment